David - Black Calf / Black Suede
It has been a while since we have had a classic Balmoral boot and so we decided to bring one back with our lovely David boot model.
A classic brogue style, this Balmoral option in Black on Black is the perfect dress boot suited for all occasions from the office to a night out on the town all in one seamless outfit.
Made on our elegantly sharp MGF chisel last and balanced out on a double leather sole, this boot's versatility is second to none!
- Last MGF
- Weinheimer Box Calf (Germany) / Italian Suede
- Hand-Lasted Waist
- Double Leather Flex Sole, Closed Channel
- Leather Board heel stiffeners
- Leather/Metal combination shank (no plastic)
- Goodyear Welted
- Fully Leather Lined
- 5 Brass Indented Nails in the toe
- Made in Spain
The MGF is our chisel last. A chisel toe is the shape of choice for smart shoes, with its sharp lines resulting in an unrivaled professional and elegant style.
The MGF is our most generous fitting last, ideal for broad feet:
- Generous all around fit
- Very generous forefoot
- Voluminous instep
- Labeled as UK 'E' width (US 'D' equivalent). However, it fits more like a UK 'EX' width (or US 'E' width)
- Elongated last
Keep the same size in what you wear from:
- To Boot New York
- Loake Capital Last
- Cheaney F Width
- The generous Alden lasts (take one size down, e.g., a US10 from Alden is a UK9 in our MGF)
J.FitzPatrick shoes have a broad set of fit options, from true to size, on the slim side to more wide. It will be important to make sure you read about the specific last that you are looking to purchase.
One thing to note across the board is that our loafers have been cut on the snug side, compared to the rest of the models. We did this so that you do not need to 'size down' when going for a loafer, rather recommending you stick to your oxford size (**read exception below)
Here are a few general rules
- Our insteps would be considered generous
- All shoes with 6 eyelets will be even more generous in the instep
- Any model in full suede will feel more generous to its leather counterpart
- The boots have a forgiving instep in order for you to put them on easily
- Any monkstrap made on the MGF or LPB will feel more generous to its oxford counterpart
- If you wear your oxfords very snug, then size up for your loafers. However, for most we recommend taking the same size as your oxfords
The USPS 2-day priority mail service used within the US aims to arrive within 2-3 working days depending on location. This is not a guarantee, however. Your tracking number provided will keep you up to date with your parcel.
We look to ship out all purchases 1-2 working days after the time of purchase (weekends not included). During "Sale" periods we aim to ship between 2 -4 days after the time of purchase as the increase in orders affects our ability to be any quicker.
If you prefer another courier, such as UPS, USPS or FedEx and wish to pay the difference (if the one you want is more than the rate we pay to DHL), please indicate this in the notes section of your order. Any failure to do so, will result us using the DHL service. Before sending your parcel, we will send an invoice to cover the difference in pricing (should there by any).
Any and all import duties imposed by your local custom's officials on your parcel will be the responsibility of the customer to pay for. We do not control this and will not be held responsible for any surprises in charges as we do not impose them. Your government does. We declare the parcel at the value paid. We do no under-declare parcel values. Please do not ask us to do so.
Please note, if you reject your order for not wanting to pay the custom's import taxation, we will be charged a fee for the return shipping. This fee will come out of your refund as we will are not liable for this charge due to your error in ordering.
|Destination||$0 - $199.99||$200 - $399.99||+$400|
|USA (ex. AK, HI, PR)||$20||$10||Free|
|Asia / Africa||$60||$50||$40|